Maryland Farm Bureau Announces 2023 Scholarship Winners
“Maryland Farm Bureau is excited to support our member families into the next generation,” said Wayne Stafford, Maryland Farm Bureau president. “We know these students have the background and drive to contribute to their farming and overall communities one day.”
The five scholarships, each valued at $2,000, were awarded to Macy Cook of Cordova, Daniel Ding of Ellicott City, Nithin Gudderra of Aquasco, Ashlynn Kidwell of Sykesville, and Tawney Nelson of Westover.
Applicants were required to write an essay answering the following question: “How can Farm Bureau effectively support young farmers and ranchers to successfully prepare for an ever-changing economy and increasing infrastructure challenges? Provide two examples, including one local program or initiative you have been a part of or been made aware of.”
Recipients or their parents/guardians are members of Maryland Farm Bureau. Selection was made by a scholarship committee designated by Maryland Farm Bureau.
The scholarship awardees are:
- Macy Cook of Talbot County Farm Bureau is a high school senior. She will be a college freshman in the fall with plans to major in business at University of Mount Olive in Mount Olive, N.C.
- Daniel Ding of Howard County Farm Bureau is a Junior at University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland. He is majoring in environmental science.
- Nithin Gudderra of Prince George’s County Farm Bureau is a high school senior at Oxon Hill High School. He will be a college freshman in the fall with plans to major in Agribusiness Management.
- Ashlyn Kidwell of Carroll County Farm Bureau is a high school senior at Century High School. She will be a college freshman in the fall with plans to major in agriculture.
- Tawney Nelson of Somerset County Farm Bureau is a high school senior at Holly Grove Christian School. She will be a college freshman in the fall with plans to major in nursing at East Carolina University in Greenville, N.C.
For more information about the scholarship program at Maryland Farm Bureau and within the county Farm Bureaus please visit www.marylandfb.org/scholarships.
# # #
MARYLAND FARM BUREAU®, INC. is a 501(c)(5) federation that serves as the united voice of Maryland farm families. Our organizational strength comes from the active participation of over 9,500 individual and family members who belong to the state’s 23 local county Farm Bureau organizations. Since 1915, Maryland Farm Bureau has been committed to protecting and growing agriculture and preserving rural life. Maryland Farm Bureau is a proud member of the American Farm Bureau® Federation. For more information, visit www.mdfarmbureau.com
Amber Pearson | Maryland Farm Bureau, Inc. (TSN Communications)
573.268.6853 | firstname.lastname@example.org