MARYLAND YOUNG FARMERS EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Chairman: Jamie Tiralla (Calvert County)
Vice Chairman: Francis Moats (Frederick)
Maryland Farm Bureau Staffer: Parker Welch
email@example.com (443) 480-4059
District 1 (Allegany, Frederick, Garrett, Washington)
District 2 (Carroll, Howard, Montgomery)
District 3 (Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Prince Georges, St. Mary’s)
District 4 (Baltimore, Cecil, Harford)
District 6 (Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico, Worcester)
2018 Young Farmer’s Discussion Meet Questions:
1. Farmers are a shrinking percentage of the population. How can Farm Bureau help first-generation farmers and ranchers get started in agriculture?
2. With a growing demand for US farm products abroad, how can agriculture overcome public skepticism of foreign trade to negotiate new trade agreements and open new world markets?
3. Formation of family farm corporations is common practice. How can Farm Bureau work to ensure that the public’s positive perception of the family farm is not lost?
4. How can farmers and ranchers maintain their buying power with the continued trend of input supplier and provider consolidations?
5. How can Farm Bureau help members with increasing legal and regulatory obstacles so they can focus on farming and ranching?
These questions will be used for the YF&R Discussion Meet that will be held in Nashville, Tennessee and the Collegiate Discussion Meet that will be held in Reno, Nevada.
Thank you to our National Young Farmers & Ranchers Sponsors: